Department of Theatre Arts and Dance
Department of Theatre Arts and Dance is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
The mission of the department of theatre arts and dance is to provide a nurturing and challenging educational environment which celebrates our history, propels us towards our future, and excels in practical application of theatrical and dance techniques. A rich diversity of theatrical disciplines, dance techniques and technologies combine with an ever-changing array of production opportunities and personalized mentoring by our entire faculty and staff.Â Central to our focus as a department is superior teaching; our classroom encompasses the studio, the stage and the technical laboratory.
Program Goal Statement:
- Foster academic excellence through development of programs that meet national standards.
- Promote superior teaching and personalized mentorship in the classroom, studio, stage, and technical laboratory by quality personnel with expertise in their areas of teaching.
- Enhance the cultural and aesthetic experience of our campus, community and region through quality productions, leadership and service learning.
- Embrace our standard of artistic excellence which is enhanced by our strong professional link with the internationally recognized Utah Shakespearean Festival.
- Promote widespread visibility through our active participation with the ACDFA, ACTF, USITT, URTA, ATHE and other professional/ educational organizations.
Educational Goal Statement:
- Provide students with broad practical skills in theatre/ dance with adherence to national standards.
- Provide students with an historical and theoretical knowledge base necessary to sustain and forward theatre/dance as an art form.
- Prepare students for successful transfer to graduate or conservatory programs or pursue professional careers in the performing arts, education or allied fields. Those seeking to become educators will have a strong practical knowledge of theatre/ dance in education.
- Involve students in the creation and presentation of public performances in theatre and dance.