Evansville Dance Theatre
Evansville Dance Theatre is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media
Evansville Dance Theatre (EDT) is a not-for-profit ballet company and performing arts training institue serving Evansville and the tri-state communities. EDT is dedicated to:
* Providing high calibre dance training and developing each individual`s dance potential from enthusiast to student to professional.
* Offering high quality educational outreach programs.
* Serving as a resource to communities, their constituencies and the dance community at large.
* Increase public awareness and appreciation of dance as a performing art.
* Producing and presenting excellent dance performances, inventive choreography and showcasing unique talents.
The 2006-2007 season marks the 26th anniversary of EDT. Founded in 1981 by Jean Allenby, a former principal dancer with the Stuttgart Ballet. EDT is now under the artistic leadership of Keith J. Martin, a former principal dancer with England`s Royal Ballet. EDT has gained, earned and developed a great reputation as a dance company of the highest artistic quality. We feel that we enrich the community by expanding dance awareness through education and outstanding dance performances.
In 1983 the School of EDT was added to provide aspiring dancers the opportunity for pre-professional dance education in our region. Students from our school have been accepted and attended some of the most prestigious dance programs in the USA, namely School of American Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, The Rock, Pacific Northwest Ballet, North Carolina School of the Arts, Universal Ballet Academy (formerly the Kirov Ballet Academy), Harid Conservatory, Walnut School for the Arts, Virginia School of the arts and Nutmeg Conservatory.